Web Design and Company Jobs
Want to Show Off Your Skills? Awesome! Let's get started!
Like to create beautiful, dynamic writing that converts in a variety of platforms? We do too! Please view our latest open position below. If interested in a position or to check to see if a position is still available get in touch here.
Content Specialist Wanted
NOTE: This is a local on-site St. Louis position only, no remote writers will be considered. Submissions from outside a 50-mile radius will be discarded.
Orange Design is currently looking for a content writer to join our creative team. This is a professional writing position and requires a firm understanding of content-focused HTML, WordPress, and excellent writing skills. Applicants must have examples of previous work and at least 2-3 years of professional content creation experience.
You won’t be bored.
Our local web design and digital marketing agency of almost 20 years is seeking a new full-time member to join our content team. The Content Specialist will report to our Content Director and work closely with other members of the content team. This individual will be responsible for writing content for a variety of media and for many clients in different industries, both B2B and B2C.
You must enjoy writing and be prepared to spend a large part of your time during your first six months performing copywriting tasks: researching, outlining, writing, editing, and publishing work for websites and digital marketing. We are looking for someone who is able to produce written content of consistent quality in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with little direction. You will be responsible for writing a number of pages on a monthly basis for our ongoing clients and will also be involved in other aspects of our content services including writing and publishing blog posts and press releases, proofreading content provided by clients or another member of the team, writing effective short-form content for things like menu descriptions and social media posts, some data-entry placement of content, and other assignments as needed. Over time (around six to nine months into your position, though we care more about progress and performance than timelines), you may be designated as a project lead on certain content projects, so you should be comfortable communicating with clients and tracking requests and assignments.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the tight-knit, highly talented team in a small but established digital agency. The right person will have the opportunity to build their skills and evolve their role over time as they take more ownership of their work and become more familiar with our agency. Our agency is growing and each team member is integral to that growth. We believe that skills can be taught, but work ethic and personality are important factors in building a well-oiled team. This position is perfect for someone with writing talent who has recently graduated, has 1-3 years of similar experience, or is looking for a career change and is eager to learn our methods while bringing unique value to the team.
We love that you are...
- A problem solver
- A team player
- An independent thinker
We know you’ll do great in this position because you are able to...
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Meet deadlines
- Enjoy long-form content writing projects
- Understand and shift your writing to the brand and voice of each client
- Research topics about which you are not familiar
- Write about complex topics (and some less-than-thrilling topics) in a way that is easy to understand and enjoyable to read
- Learn new skills, accept feedback, and follow directions
- Exercise good communication skills
- Present yourself in a professional and personable demeanor
- Exercise judgment
- Follow requirements based on internal SEO rules, style guidelines per client, and any other provided guidance. When such artifacts are not readily available, use observation and reasoning skills to provide consistent and high-quality content
- Research and suggest keywords and campaign focus
- Use and understand basic technology
- Have SEO familiarity and/or experience
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, english, or a related field
- Organic social media experience and interest
- Familiarity with programs like Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite, and content management systems like WordPress
When you join Team Orange, you will enjoy...
- Competitive pay
- Free snacks and beverages in the office
- A flexible schedule
- Paid time off earned after your first 90 days of employment
- Paid holidays
- Ongoing training and skill-building opportunities
- Company outings and team-building events
- A casual work environment in a very cool office
- The equipment and software needed to do your best work
Candidates must be located in or around the St. Louis area. Especially during the ongoing training that will take place during the first 60 days, it is important that this individual is consistently available to report to work in our downtown office.
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- A writing sample. It can be a link to a published piece of work or a practicum written for this application
Web Design and Company, dba Orange Design is an equal opportunity employer. We value each team member’s unique background, skillset, and worldview and believe a diverse team is a better team. We are always striving to make our workplace safe and inclusive. People of all backgrounds and demographics are welcome to apply without fear of discrimination based on age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, or any other group.