Web Design and Company Jobs
Want to Show Off Your Skills? Awesome! Let's get started!
Like to create beautiful, dynamic websites in a variety of platforms? We do too! Please view our latest open position below. If interested in a position or to check to see if a position is still available get in touch here.
Jr. Web Developer Wanted
This is a local on-site St. Louis position only, no remote developers will be considered.
You won’t be bored.
As a developer, you will be tasked with the following types of work:
- Creating websites (in whole and in part; usually in WordPress) from scratch, using Adobe XD designs as a starting point.
- Creating and modifying WordPress themes and child themes.
- Creating and modifying WordPress plugins.
- Working on the back-end of sites to debug issues or add features (example: adding a custom post type or custom field, fixing console errors, etc.).
- Working independently through backlog items as well as with a team to complete development projects.
- Working with development, design, and content teams to ensure project requirements are met.
- Communicating with clients via phone or email for projects or work requests (either by yourself or with other development team members).
These skills are required for this position.
- Understanding of WordPress development practices (theme + plugin development).
- Git / GitHub basics. We use version control for all projects and you will be expected to keep branches up-to-date and know how to pull / push changes and make pull requests.
- Local Environment setup (example: XAMPP, MAMP, WAMP, etc.).
- General understanding of best web practices. Example: formatting forms or buttons to be accessible, displaying optimized images, etc.
- We often use Google’s suite of collaborative tools (Gmail, docs, drive, etc.)
- Ability to follow task management software.
Nice To Have Skills
All things being equal, these are the additional skills we would love if an applicant had.
- Knowledge of CLI tools like NPM, Composer, etc.
- Experience with SCSS or other CSS preprocessors.
- Experience with SEO best practices.
- Experience with Laravel or Joomla.
- Experience with Angular, React.js, or Vue.js
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with a team of developers, designers, and copywriters to design cutting-edge websites.
- Working with multiple projects at once, both as a team and by yourself.
- Keeping up with contract deadlines and managing your time effectively.
- Staying in contact with clients, answering their questions, taking and logging their requests, and keeping them in the loop.
Job will require the signing of an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) to protect Web Design and Company's content strategies. This is a full-time position, with compensation dependent upon experience.