St Louis Application Developers
A powerful progressive web app (PWA) can not only greatly increase your brand recognition and visibility across many different platforms, but also help drive revenue to your St. Louis business or product line. How?
PWAs allow visitors to conveniently save your website to their device’s home screen. Then with the simple touch of an icon at any moment—internet or no internet—the user can enter your website in a fast, secure, and innovative way where they enjoy a seamless, app-like experience with zero loading time and many other offline capabilities.
A few of the companies that we have worked with for St Louis Application development and management.
Engage with users like never before— anytime, anywhere! At Web Design and Company, our team creates powerful apps to bring your products and services to life on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. By working alongside your team to establish your target audience, our progressive web app developers can build a solution that is efficient, steam-lined, engaging, and requires minimal effort on behalf of the user.
Please see the list below for the services offered by our St. Louis development team.
- Enterprise Software Development
- Scalable Software Development
- Oracle development and Management
- Angular Development
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Development
- Google Cloud Development
- Java Development
- IBM Brassring Development
- Azure Development
- Azure Cloud Managed Services
- Microsoft Dynamics Development
- API Development
- Vue.js Development
- React Development
- PHP Development
- Software Architecture
- Solution Architects
- Cloud Architecture
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Enterprise Service Management
- Multicloud Architecture
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud Management
- Application Management (AIOps)
- Scrum Team Management (DevOps)
- Infrastructure Automation
- Application Modernization
- Custom Application Development
- Legacy Application Development
- Custom Reporting Software
- Offshore Team Management
- Microservice-based Development
- Serverless Development
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- ERP and CRM Management/Development
Get in touch with a St. Louis progressive web app developer at Web Design and Company to get started on a free quote now! Contact or meet our team to discuss your vision, your needs, and our capabilities.
Hiring a St Louis Progressive Web App Developer
What makes a great St. Louis progressive web app developer? Reliability, scalability, cost, timeline, management, and experience. Our team brings these qualities and more when helping enterprise-level companies solve advanced problems with their user experience.
Depending on your own company's needs, our developers can help you create a scalable, reliable progressive web app based on an existing website or built from scratch. Whether we are the software engineers to your project or act as external partners to assist with advanced development and Scrum team management, we understand that every solution has its own level of complexity; therefore, we handle each project with personal attention and care.
What is a Progressive Web App (PWA)?
Progressive web apps (also known as PWAs) are the future. At its core, a PWA is like a website on steroids, with all the power of a native app (device functions, pop ups, notifications, Geospatial, download to home screen, etc.) but with none of the drawbacks. In short, it’s a website that acts like an app... but better!
One of the primary benefits is that they run on web technologies, which means you can turn almost any website into a PWA to deliver a native app-like experience to users without ever compromising on performance, reliability, and connectivity speed.
PWAs don’t need to be downloaded from an app store either. They are installable directly from the browser on devices that support it, which allows developers to side-step first-party gateways like Apple and Google that often charge a commission of up to 30% on certain purchases made in the app.
Best of all, progressive web apps are downloaded 50% more than traditional web apps! Want to see your logo on your users’ home screens without all the trouble (and cost) of producing a native app? A PWA is the perfect solution for businesses of all types including e-commerce, B2B, retail, and any other website looking for an edge.
Why Build a Progressive App?
Whether you are building a new site or wanting to make updates to an existing one, a PWA should be one of the first options you explore and here’s why:
- Responsiveness: Everyone uses different ways to communicate and access technology. A PWA is built to be responsive on most browsers, screen sizes, and across multiple different devices such as laptops, phones, tablets, desktops, or even refrigerators.
- Affordable: If you have a startup-type of idea or are restricted by a budget, a PWA can be considerably more affordable than a native app. A native app would need to be for iPhone and Android, which can create cost concerns.
- Safety: It's important to keep any and all data secure; therefore, data safety is a primary objective for developers of PWAs.
- Faster: Users easily and quickly access your site through their home page just like a native app.
- Usability: As we have stated before, progressive web apps are not downloaded through an app store. PWAs are on your device or run concurrently. They appear as an everyday app that is installed on a user's device with all of the same capabilities as a native app such as access to camera, microphone, push notifications, etc.
- Ease-of-use: With a simple URL link, you can share and use the app which lives on the Internet—not on your phone. This cuts down on user hesitation because they don't have to use up storage space.
- Discoverability: Not only can you choose to have your PWA distributed via an app store, your website still remains discoverable on search engines that have larger audiences, casting a wide net for whatever type of searching your user is doing.
- Push notifications: PWAs allow you to send push notifications leading to higher engagement. Plus, you even have the capability to send notifications based on geo-locations!
- Visibility: When users choose to save your website to their device, your brand logo can be on their home screen in which they look at every day of their lives. This increases brand recognition and allows you to stay top-of-mind.
Smooth transitions, incredible speeds, and high-converting features give your customers the ultimate user experience. There are so many use-cases and you might be wondering where to start. An app can and should be many things. PWAs are natural, efficient, engaging, and a top choice of many businesses both large and small.
What Can a Progressive App Do?
Just about every app has a similar foundation. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, as PWAs can do almost anything a traditional native app can do, such as:
Progressive Web App Features
- Login / user authentication
- User profiles
- Push notifications / alerts
- Download to home screen
- Work offline
- Ordering / buy system
- Chat / communication
- Secure services
- Newsfeed capabilities
- Payment processing
- Tracking and user behavior
- Social media tie-ins
- Inventory updates and live data feeds
- Pretty much anything else you can dream up
There are several things you can do with a progressive web app. Features and scope may be overwhelming to start, which is why it's so important to talk to the experts and people that have built these applications before. Don't hesitate to contact our progressive web app development company now to discuss your vision, your needs, and our capabilities.
What Are the Requirements of a Progressive Web App?
Being a web app means that there’s no need to optimize for certain devices— you can simply create a browser-compliant site and then ensure it has all of the extra special PWA requirements below in order to display on phones, tablets, and desktops. Plus, there is also the benefit of not having to have separate teams to manage each code branch (iOS, Android, and Web - if applicable).
The building blocks of a PWA include:
- The web app and all resources are served securely (HTTPS):This not only meant for security reasons, but it also helps build trust for users.
- An app manifest JSON file is included: This has information about the app that an operating system can read (like screen orientation, icons for the home screen, name, description, etc.)
- A service worker that controls the web app’s cache: This piece of script is important because the web app’s greatest strength is caching static files locally (CSS, JS, common images like logos) so that only the relevant information is transmitted on each page request, making the user experience swift and lean. This file does other things too, like listening to network requests and deciding on if the app will show a cached resource or fetch a fresh one.
If a site meets these requirements, users can install the PWA to their device from the browser (on iOS this would be “add to homescreen”) rather than as a bookmark. This helps keep you top-of-mind with a permanent place on their homepage as well as lets users easily access your services at any time, without needing an internet connection.
How Do I Build a Progressive Web App?
Well first, you should not be building your own progressive web app—that’s what we’re here for! Building a progressive web application is no small feat. It takes a LOT of time and expertise, and potentially high costs depending on the technical requirements of what your app needs to accomplish. But not always. The biggest questions are: What are you trying to do? and How can we help?
How Much Does a Progressive Web App Cost?
To start, less than a traditional native application. Why? Because you don’t have to develop it multiple times, for multiple app stores (Google Play, Apple Store, etc). Also, you do not have to pay a team of Apple/Google dev teams to maintain your app on all platforms. A progressive web app is your WEBSITE— but in a more advanced form—which allows you full control. Overall, you get incredible value from a PWA in addition to huge savings when compared to native app development.
Contact a St. Louis Progressive Web App Developer | Web Design and Company
With a dedicated progressive web app, your customers can always have your business in their pocket, with or without internet, AND easily reachable through push notifications.
Whether you are a large e-commerce platform or a small St. Louis family-owned business, Web Design and Company can set up a cutting-edge progressive web app that can expand your reach and increase customer engagement. We value quality customer service and promise to have your fully functional PWA completed on time and within budget.
Contact the St. Louis progressive web app developers at Web Design and Company for a free quote on the development and marketing of your solution.